Saturday, April 12, 2014

Better Late Than Never

So I guess it's been a while, hasn't it? I really haven't had the time to come on here and write, but I'm going to give it another go, and see if I can. This post is basically going to be a catch-up on what I have been doing for the past year, since I haven't been writing, and then we'll start some actual stuff next time.

Hey look! The text here looks a little different than the rest. I've been trying to learn HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in the past couple of weeks, but I will lay off it for the sake of your eyes. So far it is going alright, but it is a little intimidating. I figured I might as well try to add another weapon to my arsenal of skills.

I also went to the PBEO Job Fair at the Baseball Winter Meetings in Orlando last December. It was an amazing experience, where I got to meet so many people that are very important in the baseball world. Through there, I got a job working for a team during spring training and for the single-A team that plays there during the regular season. I plan on going this coming December when it will be in San Diego. I will be graduating around that time, so I will be looking for a full time job (so if you have a position open, let me know!).

I have been excelling in my classes this semester, and while it is not over, I think it might be my best semester yet in terms of grades. I have enjoyed my Business Intelligence and Analytics class as much, if not more than I though I would. Through that class, I have been able to finally confirm that I want to be a data analyst for a major league team. Most of the careers that I thought I wanted to do ended up being terrible fits for me, but I have finally found the perfect one (I think).

Well that's about it for now. I will try to write every day, but we all know how hard it is to do anything every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment